Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Martha Merriman

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Annie Rebecca's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity movie was awesome...how does every feel about Martha? She just seemed that innocent housewife type, not like an idependent woman.

  2. #2
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I loved the way she was portrayed! She's pretty much as I have always pictured her in my mind when reading the Lissie series. She was gentle but firm, and a very loving mother.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member christhedolllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think she came across very wise. I think the adults were sort of in the background so Felicity could really shine.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TrvlLin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We may not like the role women played in the 18th century, but I think the movie was probably true to the period. Women, especially married women, were basically property, and didn't have a lot of options. I think Martha took her life seriously and did her best to run her home well and bear and raise her children to the best of her ability. She was obviously from a wealthy background, and I think she may have "married down." She seemed to be content, and take pride in her home and family. There's certainly nothing wrong with that! Lin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •